Recently, Neoteric Cosmetics was making lunch for a homeless shelter for teens. We served turkey sandwiches, Sun Chips, macaroni salad, carrots and candied apples. Staring at all the food, my daughter said, “Mom, you have the need to feed.” I admit it, I do. I get great pleasure from preparing food that others will enjoy. So many of us were raised to believe that food is love. As we enter November, we are entering the season of love…. and food. There will be bags of extra Halloween candy, a big Thanksgiving dinner (with lots of leftovers) and then a month of parties and pastries in December. November is also American Diabetes month. Setting out the food for lunch one girl said, “Oh good! You brought healthy food.” I just wanted to make sure she had a good lunch. Let’s celebrate the season in a healthier way. Be sure to have carrots and apples along with the potatoes and pies. Please take care of yourself and those you love.
- What’s in your #pantry? This list will give you an idea of things to keep on hand for #stressfree #lowcarb meals!… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 hours ago
- Laughter truly is the best medicine. Check out all the health benefits of humor and laughter!… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 18 hours ago
- Ever thought about using a #pedometer? Gauge and keep track of your daily #activity! bit.ly/17RqzPV https://t.co/3AXQfYaeJu 1 day ago
- Foil packet dinners? Quick, easy & no clean up! Substitute veggies for potatoes for a #healthy #lowcarb dinner!… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- 28 days to change your ways! A #nutritionist approved #mealplan to help those living with #diabetes!… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago