Recently, Neoteric Cosmetics was making lunch for a homeless shelter for teens. We served turkey sandwiches, Sun Chips, macaroni salad, carrots and candied apples. Staring at all the food, my daughter said, “Mom, you have the need to feed.” I admit it, I do. I get great pleasure from preparing food that others will enjoy. So many of us were raised to believe that food is love. As we enter November, we are entering the season of love…. and food. There will be bags of extra Halloween candy, a big Thanksgiving dinner (with lots of leftovers) and then a month of parties and pastries in December. November is also American Diabetes month. Setting out the food for lunch one girl said, “Oh good! You brought healthy food.” I just wanted to make sure she had a good lunch. Let’s celebrate the season in a healthier way. Be sure to have carrots and apples along with the potatoes and pies. Please take care of yourself and those you love.
- Do you have painfully dry skin that is slow to heal? Try #AdvancedHealingCream! #Clinicallyproven to soothe and spe… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 14 hours ago
- “I'm a #diabetic and my feet get so #dryandcracked. So glad I found this product. IT really works!” Jean T.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Nothing is more satisfying than a #heartybowlofsoup on a cold day. This #Minestrone is a classic and a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- During the holidays, plan a funny movie night! Laughter and a healthy snack like popcorn is a healthy, happy way to… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- Today is #WorldDiabetesDay! Spread the word! Education and awareness are key to reducing the number of people… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago