Recently, Neoteric Cosmetics was making lunch for a homeless shelter for teens. We served turkey sandwiches, Sun Chips, macaroni salad, carrots and candied apples. Staring at all the food, my daughter said, “Mom, you have the need to feed.” I admit it, I do. I get great pleasure from preparing food that others will enjoy. So many of us were raised to believe that food is love. As we enter November, we are entering the season of love…. and food. There will be bags of extra Halloween candy, a big Thanksgiving dinner (with lots of leftovers) and then a month of parties and pastries in December. November is also American Diabetes month. Setting out the food for lunch one girl said, “Oh good! You brought healthy food.” I just wanted to make sure she had a good lunch. Let’s celebrate the season in a healthier way. Be sure to have carrots and apples along with the potatoes and pies. Please take care of yourself and those you love.
- Are you sheltering and #cookingathome? Make it easy! How to poach and #shredchicken to use in meals next week.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 53 minutes ago
- #Familyandfriends are key to successful #diabeticselfmanagement! Do you know how to ask for help and involve those… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 23 hours ago
- Living with #diabetes? Take care of yourself! Enjoy a #cupofcoffee, fuzzy socks and #AdvancedHealingCream for rough… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- People with #diabetes are at a higher risk of getting very sick & having complications related to the #Covid19. Wha… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- You eat right, exercise & watch your weight. Now take care of the skin you live in. #AdvancedHealingCream is… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago