Recently, Neoteric Cosmetics was making lunch for a homeless shelter for teens. We served turkey sandwiches, Sun Chips, macaroni salad, carrots and candied apples. Staring at all the food, my daughter said, “Mom, you have the need to feed.” I admit it, I do. I get great pleasure from preparing food that others will enjoy. So many of us were raised to believe that food is love. As we enter November, we are entering the season of love…. and food. There will be bags of extra Halloween candy, a big Thanksgiving dinner (with lots of leftovers) and then a month of parties and pastries in December. November is also American Diabetes month. Setting out the food for lunch one girl said, “Oh good! You brought healthy food.” I just wanted to make sure she had a good lunch. Let’s celebrate the season in a healthier way. Be sure to have carrots and apples along with the potatoes and pies. Please take care of yourself and those you love.
- Are you #livingwithdiabetes? From #dailycare to selecting shoes, everything you need to know about taking care of… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Do you know how to identify, #treatandprevent #diabeticblisters? If you are living with diabetes it is important t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Are you #livingwithdiabetes? Do you read #foodlabels? They can help you to make better decisions about what to ea… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- A simple guide to summer fun from the AADE! Eat healthy, attend gatherings, get outside and exercise!… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- Itchy, #drycrackedskin on your feet from #diabetes? Let us help you #ditchtheitch! Clinically proven & less than… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago