Recently, Neoteric Cosmetics was making lunch for a homeless shelter for teens. We served turkey sandwiches, Sun Chips, macaroni salad, carrots and candied apples. Staring at all the food, my daughter said, “Mom, you have the need to feed.” I admit it, I do. I get great pleasure from preparing food that others will enjoy. So many of us were raised to believe that food is love. As we enter November, we are entering the season of love…. and food. There will be bags of extra Halloween candy, a big Thanksgiving dinner (with lots of leftovers) and then a month of parties and pastries in December. November is also American Diabetes month. Setting out the food for lunch one girl said, “Oh good! You brought healthy food.” I just wanted to make sure she had a good lunch. Let’s celebrate the season in a healthier way. Be sure to have carrots and apples along with the potatoes and pies. Please take care of yourself and those you love.
- What speeds healing, #improvescirculation and protects rough #dryskin? #AdvancedHealingCream! Patented, clinically… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 19 hours ago
- Do you know about The Plate Method? Diabetic or not, it is a really healthy way to eat! bit.ly/2glhxVp https://t.co/6tgRXs4QuL 2 days ago
- Meal planning? Consider adding a dietician to your diabetic care team! They can help you to avoid the pitfalls of… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- Living with #diabetes? #Holidaysurvivaltips that will help you keep your weight and your #bloodsugar level under co… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- Burn baby, burn! Calories that is! #Getwalking and you could burn 1,000 #calories a week! bit.ly/2b4Qqf5 https://t.co/o3sODXII7X 5 days ago