Recently, Neoteric Cosmetics was making lunch for a homeless shelter for teens. We served turkey sandwiches, Sun Chips, macaroni salad, carrots and candied apples. Staring at all the food, my daughter said, “Mom, you have the need to feed.” I admit it, I do. I get great pleasure from preparing food that others will enjoy. So many of us were raised to believe that food is love. As we enter November, we are entering the season of love…. and food. There will be bags of extra Halloween candy, a big Thanksgiving dinner (with lots of leftovers) and then a month of parties and pastries in December. November is also American Diabetes month. Setting out the food for lunch one girl said, “Oh good! You brought healthy food.” I just wanted to make sure she had a good lunch. Let’s celebrate the season in a healthier way. Be sure to have carrots and apples along with the potatoes and pies. Please take care of yourself and those you love.
- #Losingweight is not easy but a few small changes can have big benefits! Aren’t your life and #yourhealth worth it… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 hours ago
- Does warmer weather, make you more active? Soothe & treat #dryskin on your feet & legs with #AdvancedHealingCream!… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 20 hours ago
- How important is #drinkingwater if you are living with #diabetes? VERY important and here’s why!… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- What’s in your pantry? A healthy, well-stocked pantry can make it easier to make good #foodchoices and… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Is dry, damaged skin on your feet stopping you from doing the things you love? Use #AdvancedHealingCream for… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago