Recently, Neoteric Cosmetics was making lunch for a homeless shelter for teens. We served turkey sandwiches, Sun Chips, macaroni salad, carrots and candied apples. Staring at all the food, my daughter said, “Mom, you have the need to feed.” I admit it, I do. I get great pleasure from preparing food that others will enjoy. So many of us were raised to believe that food is love. As we enter November, we are entering the season of love…. and food. There will be bags of extra Halloween candy, a big Thanksgiving dinner (with lots of leftovers) and then a month of parties and pastries in December. November is also American Diabetes month. Setting out the food for lunch one girl said, “Oh good! You brought healthy food.” I just wanted to make sure she had a good lunch. Let’s celebrate the season in a healthier way. Be sure to have carrots and apples along with the potatoes and pies. Please take care of yourself and those you love.
- Simplify #mealplanning with #MakeAheadSunday! Make meals on Sunday to have Monday or during the week. Mini Meatloaf… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 52 minutes ago
- Make breakfast the most important #mealoftheday in 2020! It's especially important if you are #livingwithdiabetes.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Advanced Healing Cream is soothing relief for rough dry, winter skin. It's clinically proven to increase circulatio… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- We know you’ve heard it before, but #exercise is really can help #controldiabetes! Start today & resolve to keep it… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- Dry cracked, #slowhealingskin? You don’t have to be #livingwithdiabetes to find serious soothing relief with… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago