Recently, Neoteric Cosmetics was making lunch for a homeless shelter for teens. We served turkey sandwiches, Sun Chips, macaroni salad, carrots and candied apples. Staring at all the food, my daughter said, “Mom, you have the need to feed.” I admit it, I do. I get great pleasure from preparing food that others will enjoy. So many of us were raised to believe that food is love. As we enter November, we are entering the season of love…. and food. There will be bags of extra Halloween candy, a big Thanksgiving dinner (with lots of leftovers) and then a month of parties and pastries in December. November is also American Diabetes month. Setting out the food for lunch one girl said, “Oh good! You brought healthy food.” I just wanted to make sure she had a good lunch. Let’s celebrate the season in a healthier way. Be sure to have carrots and apples along with the potatoes and pies. Please take care of yourself and those you love.
- Tomorrow is the 4th of July and there will be food. Barbecue perhaps? Healthy tips for people living with diabetes.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Living with diabetes? A visit to the #Farmer’sMarket is great for you. Fresh produce, a little exercise and sunshi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Do you have a #diabeticsupplykit ready in case of an #emergency? What to pack in your “go bag” to be ready at a mo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Are you #livingwithdiabetes? Do you #readfoodlabels? They can help you to make better decisions about what to eat… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- Are you living with diabetes? Instead of looking at what you shouldn’t eat, look at what you SHOULD! 12… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago