Recently, Neoteric Cosmetics was making lunch for a homeless shelter for teens. We served turkey sandwiches, Sun Chips, macaroni salad, carrots and candied apples. Staring at all the food, my daughter said, “Mom, you have the need to feed.” I admit it, I do. I get great pleasure from preparing food that others will enjoy. So many of us were raised to believe that food is love. As we enter November, we are entering the season of love…. and food. There will be bags of extra Halloween candy, a big Thanksgiving dinner (with lots of leftovers) and then a month of parties and pastries in December. November is also American Diabetes month. Setting out the food for lunch one girl said, “Oh good! You brought healthy food.” I just wanted to make sure she had a good lunch. Let’s celebrate the season in a healthier way. Be sure to have carrots and apples along with the potatoes and pies. Please take care of yourself and those you love.
- How important is #drinkingwater if you are living with #diabetes? VERY important & here’s why!… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 9 hours ago
- Dancing is fun! It's #goodexercise with lots of #benefits. Living with #diabetes? Get up, turn on some music, ‘s… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 18 hours ago
- There are 2 good reasons to add #morelemons to your #diet: soluble fiber & Vitamin C! Great for #diabetics, add the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Having diabetes can cost a LOT of money! Are you doing enough to #manageyourdiabetes & #reducecosts?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Berries & chocolate & nuts, oh my! Just a few of the 21 #superfoods that help to keep #bloodsugar down!… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago