Recently, Neoteric Cosmetics was making lunch for a homeless shelter for teens. We served turkey sandwiches, Sun Chips, macaroni salad, carrots and candied apples. Staring at all the food, my daughter said, “Mom, you have the need to feed.” I admit it, I do. I get great pleasure from preparing food that others will enjoy. So many of us were raised to believe that food is love. As we enter November, we are entering the season of love…. and food. There will be bags of extra Halloween candy, a big Thanksgiving dinner (with lots of leftovers) and then a month of parties and pastries in December. November is also American Diabetes month. Setting out the food for lunch one girl said, “Oh good! You brought healthy food.” I just wanted to make sure she had a good lunch. Let’s celebrate the season in a healthier way. Be sure to have carrots and apples along with the potatoes and pies. Please take care of yourself and those you love.
- Get moving! Exercise is an important part of #managingdiabetes! 15 #exercisetips for people living with diabetes… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
- Can diabetes affect the #qualityofsleep? Absolutely! Understand the relationship between #diabetesandsleep plus tip… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- #Managingdiabetesatwork can lead to unexpected challenges. Tips for #copingwithdiabetes on the job!… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- #Livingwithdiabetes & extremely dry skin? Try #AdvancedHealingCream! Patented & clinically proven to soothe and he… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- Looking for #quickdinneroptions? Try this fast and furious #VeggieQuesadilla recipe and #MeatlessMonday meal planni… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago