Recently, Neoteric Cosmetics was making lunch for a homeless shelter for teens. We served turkey sandwiches, Sun Chips, macaroni salad, carrots and candied apples. Staring at all the food, my daughter said, “Mom, you have the need to feed.” I admit it, I do. I get great pleasure from preparing food that others will enjoy. So many of us were raised to believe that food is love. As we enter November, we are entering the season of love…. and food. There will be bags of extra Halloween candy, a big Thanksgiving dinner (with lots of leftovers) and then a month of parties and pastries in December. November is also American Diabetes month. Setting out the food for lunch one girl said, “Oh good! You brought healthy food.” I just wanted to make sure she had a good lunch. Let’s celebrate the season in a healthier way. Be sure to have carrots and apples along with the potatoes and pies. Please take care of yourself and those you love.
- Did you know #herbs & spices can help to balance #bloodsugar? The 9 best to incorporate in your daily diet!… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 14 hours ago
- Do you take samples a farmer’s market? How many? This and other Do's & Don’ts of #shopping at a #farmersmarket!… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 21 hours ago
- Need a #vacation from diabetes? #Diabeticburnout is real! How to take a break without sacrificing your #health!… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- Shopping for #freshproduce? Know what’s in season? Thank Kate for the July produce guide & dozens of #recipes!… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- Do you have #lowbloodsugar at bedtime? Have a healthy a snack! You’ll feel better and sleep better!… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 days ago