Thanksgiving and the beginning of the holiday season are less than a week away! Many of you will be shopping this weekend for an enormous Thanksgiving dinner. Thanksgiving celebrates the harvest and abundance. With 20 at my table, we already have 15 items on the menu! Food, family and football define the day. With many Americans struggling with diabetes, some of those family favorites are in need of a makeover. A slightly smaller turkey, one more veggie, one less pie can make big difference in how you feel. Small changes in recipe preparation can also make a big difference in your health. ABC News recently shared some great ideas for diabetics and Thanksgiving on their show. Below is a link to their site that includes a variety of resources for diabetics. We all have so much to be thankful for. Why not add better health to your list of blessings in the coming year? Happy Thanksgiving!
- What's for #Sundaydinner? Grilled Turkey! Full of flavor & #leanprotein, it's perfect any time of year!… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- Today’s #MeatlessMonday #SoupoftheDay is Tuscan Bean Soup! Add a low-carb Grilled Cheese Sandwich. Yum!… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 10 hours ago
- #Managingdiabetes and #managingstress go hand-in-hand! How well are you managing each? bit.ly/1Z43Jcy https://t.co/xes8Jc2ByT 1 day ago
- S-T-R-E-T-C-H! It prevents injuries, improves flexibility & #increasesbloodflow! It’s easy. Start today!… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Burn baby, burn! Calories that is! Get walking & you could burn 1,000 calories a week! bit.ly/2b4Qqf5 https://t.co/KzbFO9Zh4u 2 days ago