Thanksgiving and the beginning of the holiday season are less than a week away! Many of you will be shopping this weekend for an enormous Thanksgiving dinner. Thanksgiving celebrates the harvest and abundance. With 20 at my table, we already have 15 items on the menu! Food, family and football define the day. With many Americans struggling with diabetes, some of those family favorites are in need of a makeover. A slightly smaller turkey, one more veggie, one less pie can make big difference in how you feel. Small changes in recipe preparation can also make a big difference in your health. ABC News recently shared some great ideas for diabetics and Thanksgiving on their show. Below is a link to their site that includes a variety of resources for diabetics. We all have so much to be thankful for. Why not add better health to your list of blessings in the coming year? Happy Thanksgiving!
- Do you know about #ThePlateMethod? #Diabetic or not, it is a really healthy way to approach the way you eat!… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 17 hours ago
- Are you #livingwithdiabetes? Do you# readfoodlabels? They can help you to make better decisions about what to eat… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- #Losingweight is not easy but a few #smallchanges can have big benefits! Aren’t your life and #yourhealth worth it… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Feeling under the weather and #livingwithdiabetes? Some #OTCmedications can #raisebloodsugar! Be informed & monit… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- Want to reduce your risk of #Type2diabetes? Add #weighttraining to your exercise routine! bit.ly/2bMJuQn https://t.co/C6MU6SdBwS 2 days ago