Thanksgiving and the beginning of the holiday season are less than a week away! Many of you will be shopping this weekend for an enormous Thanksgiving dinner. Thanksgiving celebrates the harvest and abundance. With 20 at my table, we already have 15 items on the menu! Food, family and football define the day. With many Americans struggling with diabetes, some of those family favorites are in need of a makeover. A slightly smaller turkey, one more veggie, one less pie can make big difference in how you feel. Small changes in recipe preparation can also make a big difference in your health. ABC News recently shared some great ideas for diabetics and Thanksgiving on their show. Below is a link to their site that includes a variety of resources for diabetics. We all have so much to be thankful for. Why not add better health to your list of blessings in the coming year? Happy Thanksgiving!
- How important is #drinkingwater if you are living with #diabetes? VERY important & here’s why!… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 9 hours ago
- Dancing is fun! It's #goodexercise with lots of #benefits. Living with #diabetes? Get up, turn on some music, ‘s… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 18 hours ago
- There are 2 good reasons to add #morelemons to your #diet: soluble fiber & Vitamin C! Great for #diabetics, add the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Having diabetes can cost a LOT of money! Are you doing enough to #manageyourdiabetes & #reducecosts?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Berries & chocolate & nuts, oh my! Just a few of the 21 #superfoods that help to keep #bloodsugar down!… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago