Thanksgiving and the beginning of the holiday season are less than a week away! Many of you will be shopping this weekend for an enormous Thanksgiving dinner. Thanksgiving celebrates the harvest and abundance. With 20 at my table, we already have 15 items on the menu! Food, family and football define the day. With many Americans struggling with diabetes, some of those family favorites are in need of a makeover. A slightly smaller turkey, one more veggie, one less pie can make big difference in how you feel. Small changes in recipe preparation can also make a big difference in your health. ABC News recently shared some great ideas for diabetics and Thanksgiving on their show. Below is a link to their site that includes a variety of resources for diabetics. We all have so much to be thankful for. Why not add better health to your list of blessings in the coming year? Happy Thanksgiving!
- What’s in your #pantry? This list will give you an idea of things to keep on hand for #stressfree #lowcarb meals!… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 hours ago
- Laughter truly is the best medicine. Check out all the health benefits of humor and laughter!… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 18 hours ago
- Ever thought about using a #pedometer? Gauge and keep track of your daily #activity! bit.ly/17RqzPV https://t.co/3AXQfYaeJu 1 day ago
- Foil packet dinners? Quick, easy & no clean up! Substitute veggies for potatoes for a #healthy #lowcarb dinner!… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- 28 days to change your ways! A #nutritionist approved #mealplan to help those living with #diabetes!… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago