Thanksgiving and the beginning of the holiday season are less than a week away! Many of you will be shopping this weekend for an enormous Thanksgiving dinner. Thanksgiving celebrates the harvest and abundance. With 20 at my table, we already have 15 items on the menu! Food, family and football define the day. With many Americans struggling with diabetes, some of those family favorites are in need of a makeover. A slightly smaller turkey, one more veggie, one less pie can make big difference in how you feel. Small changes in recipe preparation can also make a big difference in your health. ABC News recently shared some great ideas for diabetics and Thanksgiving on their show. Below is a link to their site that includes a variety of resources for diabetics. We all have so much to be thankful for. Why not add better health to your list of blessings in the coming year? Happy Thanksgiving!
- What speeds healing, #improvescirculation and protects rough #dryskin? #AdvancedHealingCream! Patented, clinically… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 20 hours ago
- Do you know about The Plate Method? Diabetic or not, it is a really healthy way to eat! bit.ly/2glhxVp https://t.co/6tgRXs4QuL 2 days ago
- Meal planning? Consider adding a dietician to your diabetic care team! They can help you to avoid the pitfalls of… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- Living with #diabetes? #Holidaysurvivaltips that will help you keep your weight and your #bloodsugar level under co… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- Burn baby, burn! Calories that is! #Getwalking and you could burn 1,000 #calories a week! bit.ly/2b4Qqf5 https://t.co/o3sODXII7X 5 days ago