Thanksgiving and the beginning of the holiday season are less than a week away! Many of you will be shopping this weekend for an enormous Thanksgiving dinner. Thanksgiving celebrates the harvest and abundance. With 20 at my table, we already have 15 items on the menu! Food, family and football define the day. With many Americans struggling with diabetes, some of those family favorites are in need of a makeover. A slightly smaller turkey, one more veggie, one less pie can make big difference in how you feel. Small changes in recipe preparation can also make a big difference in your health. ABC News recently shared some great ideas for diabetics and Thanksgiving on their show. Below is a link to their site that includes a variety of resources for diabetics. We all have so much to be thankful for. Why not add better health to your list of blessings in the coming year? Happy Thanksgiving!
- Did you know #herbs & spices can help to balance #bloodsugar? The 9 best to incorporate in your daily diet!… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 14 hours ago
- Do you take samples a farmer’s market? How many? This and other Do's & Don’ts of #shopping at a #farmersmarket!… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 21 hours ago
- Need a #vacation from diabetes? #Diabeticburnout is real! How to take a break without sacrificing your #health!… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- Shopping for #freshproduce? Know what’s in season? Thank Kate for the July produce guide & dozens of #recipes!… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- Do you have #lowbloodsugar at bedtime? Have a healthy a snack! You’ll feel better and sleep better!… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 days ago