Craving pizza, but think you can’t have a slice? Today, we are sharing a healthier version of the classic pizza recipe!
- 1 7 – inch whole wheat pizza crust, such as Mama Mary’s brand
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 roma tomato, sliced
- 2 ounces shredded cooked turkey or chicken breast
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese (1 ounce), such as Alouette brand
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil
- Brush pizza crust with oil. Top with spinach, tomato, turkey, red onion, and goat cheese. Bake following directions on crust package.
- To serve, sprinkle with basil.
For more information on America Gets Cooking to Stop Diabetes visit the American Diabetes Association at http://bit.ly/1wCdFOd