A healthier version, full of nutrition and flavor! Great to share with non-diabetic friends and family!
- 1 7" Whole Wheat Pizza Crust, Mama Mary's Brand is a good option!
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup Fresh Spinach
- 1 whole Roma Tomato, sliced
- 2 oz Cooked Chicken or Turkey Breast, shredded
- 1/4 cup Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Crumbled Goat Cheese, or cheese of your choice
- 2 tbsp Fresh Basil, ripped to preferred size
Preheat oven to 425oF (220oC)
Brush entire top of pizza crust with oil
Top oiled crust with spinach, tomato, turkey or chicken, red onion, goat cheese, and place on sheet tray or pizza stone if available.
Bake in preheated oven for about 8-10 min turning once. Alternatively bake to specifications on dough package.
Sprinkle with fresh basil, allow to rest, cut, serve, and enjoy!
If using a pizza stone, make sure to place in oven while preheating, and for a true pro tip also add a tray full of water while cooking to add humidity to the oven. Check out the Diabetes Diet Center with Eating Well for more great diet, food, and nutrition information.